How to Get The Most Out of Your Care at Tree of Life Chiropractic
Here at Tree of Life Chiropractic, our mission is to provide Specific Chiropractic care in an environment of love, compassion and clinical expertise. We aim to restore health and help our community members reach their God given potential by helping them raise healthy families free of subluxation. Below are some crucial steps to get the most out of your care while here at Tree of Life Chiropractic.
- Follow the schedule of appointments that we have set up for you. There is no substitute for carefully timed chiropractic adjustments.
- Avoid physical and mental stress before and after each adjustment. The more relaxed you are the better your adjustment will hold.
- Follow faithfully all “home care” instructions for your condition. These may include such things as resting, cold packs, exercise, lifting instructions, etc.
- Sleep on your back or on your side, never on your stomach. Ideally, you should have your neck supported while you sleep so your head is in a neutral position. To lessen the stress on your lower back, place a pillow under your knees (while on your back) or between your knees (while on your side).
- Sit straight while in a chair, making sure that your lower back is supported. Do not cross your legs except at your ankles. Have children sit straight while playing video games, at school, watching T.V., on the bus or riding in a car and when at the computer.
- Lift properly. Bend at the knees while keeping your back straight.
- If any body motion causes discomfort, avoid it.
- Please do not try to be your own doctor! Self-administered remedies may do more harm than good.
- Do your best to maintain a cheerful attitude. Avoid, if you can, stressful situations. Set aside at least one time each day for complete physical and mental relaxation. This is a good lifetime habit for the restoration and maintenance of normal health.
- Get enough sleep so your body has the best chance for proper healing.
- Don’t be in a hurry. Ligaments and muscles must have time to retrain themselves too support the realigned vertebrae. This is a natural process that can’t be rushed (90 Day Healing Principle).
- Please feel free to ask any questions that you have about your health or wellness. We are here to help you understand the best way to take care of your spinal condition.
- If there is a change in your condition, for better or worse, please let us know.
- During the healing process, proper nutrition is more important than ever. The use of caffeine, nicotine or alcohol should be avoided just prior to an office visit. These substances can alter nerve and muscle activity.
- Read all information given to you. This information is meant to help you progress faster in your care and to learn how to take care of your spinal condition more effectively.
- Tell Others! There are many people with the same problem that you came here to correct. Our mission is to positively affect our community!
Don’t hesitate to let us know how we can better serve our Redmond community. Make an appointment today!